February 27, 2005
It turns out Legend's two main characters fell madly in love with each other and were sleeping together within twenty pages of meeting. Unfortunately only one of them was male. Any of my characters who fall in love are going to do it like real people and know each other for a lot more than a day and a half. I'm so sick of this kind of think happening, and there being sex in every single fantasy novel. So I put Legend back on my shelf and started reading Fortress Draconis instead. The main character is fifteen, so hopefully there won't be a lot of sex involving him. So far I like it. No annoying female characters yet. I went to Powell's yesterday and found not one but two copies of The Changeling Prince. I only got one, but I'm so happy I only paid four dollars for it instead of ten, which is at least what I would have pain had I bought it on Amazon. I ordered the first of Mitchell Graham's trilogy through Boders because I can't find it anywhere. Even Powell's didn't have it, and they have everything. This book is only a few years old. At least I know the whole trilogy has been published already -- all I'm missing is the first book. I also got the trilogy that takes place after Willow, because I loved the movie so much I figured I ought to read it some day. In some cases I don't care as much when a story is about a girl. I loved Willow's world, even if the only characters in it that I know are Franjean and Rool.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home