Fantasia

Rants (and occasionally raves) about fantasy writing by a fantasy writer.

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I'm a college student working on a degree in Medieval Studies. I love fiction in many forms. I do well in English and history classes and not so well in math or science. I don't have any definite plans for marriage in my future, and I don't want to get married until it is an act that does not discriminate. My career plan is a fantasy novelist, probably for young adults and children.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

October 27, 2004

Had to stop reading Wild Magic because I couldn't stand Cennaire. In the second book I could at least skip the parts with her, but I can't do that anymore. If she was evil, I might like her, but being oh-so-redeemable as she is just doesn't make her a good character. She's really sort of a Mary Sue, taking over the story. I still liked Bracht though. I'm trying to start Wells' other series and hoping it has good characters. If it doesn't, I'm reading more David Eddings. His characters are awesome and diverse and he doesn't Mary-Sue!

I can't remember how much of Domes of Fire I've actually read, but I don't think it was more than a few pages. I remember the first paragraph was almost exactly the same as in The Diamond Throne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home