Fantasia

Rants (and occasionally raves) about fantasy writing by a fantasy writer.

Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

I'm a college student working on a degree in Medieval Studies. I love fiction in many forms. I do well in English and history classes and not so well in math or science. I don't have any definite plans for marriage in my future, and I don't want to get married until it is an act that does not discriminate. My career plan is a fantasy novelist, probably for young adults and children.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

February 2, 2005

I'm giving up on Into the Fire. I'm really getting tired of how melodramatic everybody is. Even battle-hardened immortal elves will burst into tears at the mere mention of death. I'll probably keep the books around for a while in case I ever feel like finishing them when I'm terribly bored or stuck at home or something. Then there is the decision of what to read next. I could start CJ Cherryh's books in scifi, or David Eddings' Tamuli, or the Magic Kingdom of Lanover series. Hopefully whatever I pick won't take four months to read (or maybe it will, since I have so much damn homework). I know I like David Eddings, and this series has most of the same characters as Elenium -- except for Kurik, of course.

I think I'll try CJ Cherryh's Foreigner. It has a guy in the lead - a young one - who seems to take a bit of a beating now and then. Not too tough a guy. Just how I like them. Uber-tough heroes too big for pain are no fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home